Here is a fairly easy do it yourself HGTV photo display with a touch of Asian flair. All natural elements are used to create this unique display that makes quite a statement on any wall in your home.
Tools and Materials List:
- 10 pieces of 7x7 raw slate
- 10 photos printed onto vellum paper (semi transparent paper)
- industrial-strength spray glue
- clear polyurethane spray
- three wood dowels for trim
- 3-inch screws
- two dark bamboo rods (3x6)
- drill with a masonry bit
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Cut prints into 5x5 squares.
2. Drill a small hole on the top of each piece of slate.
3. Attach photos to the center of the slate squares using spray glue. Press gently to secure.
4. Spray finished piece with clear polyurethane.
5. Use hot glue to frame out each picture with wood dowels.
6. Run the twine through hole and secure with a strong knot
. Leave enough slack to tie to the bamboo.
7. Drill evenly spaced holes in the bamboo rods. Thread the twine through the holes and knot.
8. Secure entire piece to wall studs.